Carolina District Mid-Winter Meeting January 24 and 25, 2020
We are pleased to announce that the 2020 Carolina District Mid-Winter Meeting will be hosted by Greater Greenville Rose Society. Our theme is “Puttin’ on the Ritz”. The affair will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel about 5 miles south of downtown Greenville off Exit 37 of I-385. There is no charge for parking at the hotel. There will be a special room rate of $119.00 if booked by 11 am on December 24, 2019. The special rate will be available ahead and after the meeting if you wish to extend your stay.
The banquet will be provided by Ruth’s Chris Steak House. A choice of Petite Filet, Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Salmon Fillet. Vegetarian meals available.
We are requesting donations for the silent auction from all interested societies. In recent years, each society and many individuals provided a “gift basket for the auction. We appreciate any donation for the auction that you can bring.
More details including speakers, programs, and vendors will be coming soon! There will also be a rose photography contest having multiple categories with prizes. Please put the date on your calendar. We look forward to seeing all of you in January.
Please direct questions to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or I.email@example.com.
Speakers for the 2020 Carolina District Winter Meeting:
1. Don Myers - Carolina District Director "A Rose Garden without Pesticides"
2. Eirk Heden - National Weather Service "Weather and your Roses"
3. Frank Van Lenten - Carolina District CR Chairman "The Biltmore International Rose Trials"
4. Jonathan Windham - Clemson University "Rose Hybridization at Clemson"
5. Ken Schmidt - Pres ENC Rose Society "Rose Photography"
6. Kristin Belgay - CEO Earthen Organics "Worm Castings for the Rose Garden.